The Bun Life - R.I.P. Fuzzby

My poor Fuzz was put to sleep tonight at Catnip and Carrots. I got home last night and saw that she looked worse than usual. I brought her to the vet and the Doc said she has some kind of cancer, then she euthanized her with me right there holding her head. I have never lost a bun or put an animal to sleep before. It is absolutely horrible and extremely painful. I practically had a stroke in the vet's office I was so upset, now I am numb.

I just want to tell Fuzzby that I love you and hope you are in heaven running around with no more pain. I am sorry humanity is 95% worthless and only care about houses, money, and cars, and neglect and abuse animals that need them. The other 5% do what we can to make up for it, but we can't be everywhere all the time, and I hope that you are going to a much better place.

Thanks Fuzzby for being in my life, even though your stay with me was full of medical crap. If I knew all this back then I would still have taken you in. Rest in peace Fuzzles.

Jim

6 comments:

  1. Oh, Jim. I am really sorry, Fuzzles is grateful for all the love you showered on her, I know she is. And she has gone to a better place where bodies don't go wrong......this mortal coil is so difficult.....peace to you and your bunnies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jim, I am so so sorry to hear about Fuzzby. She suffered, but you did everything you could to keep her healthy, and loved her withh a whole heart. Karma WILL come back around to you for that. My heart goes out to you and Sydney, who will surely miss his neighbor. Words can't express how sorry I am for your loss. Much love and sympathy from my warren to yours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jim,
    I am so very sorry to hear about Fuzzby. Even with medical problems you made her life better and filled with love. That is the most important thing in the world. I will be thinking of you and your bunnies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all, it just seemed like Fuzz could never catch a break, she wasn't an indifferent bun either. One time I put her in my lap with the nebulizer running, and then I fell asleep, woke up two hours later and there she was, still sitting in my lap, looking at me with her Betty Boop eyelashes. Such a shame, if I had only known how sick she was, maybe I could have done something to save her or at least improve the quality of her life, I never knew she had Cancer, nobody told me. So much for that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jim,

    I am so sorry for your loss. We know well the pain you feel. I wish there was a way around the grieving. There have been times when I would have given anything to speed up the process and get past the pain. Our love for them is great so our pain is also. Please know that cancer treatments are too harsh for bunnies. There is no none treatment for cancer for bunnies that doesn't cause death itself. You were a great bunny dad and her life with you was a good life. The fact that she stayed in your lap for two hours is telling of the love and comfort she felt being near you. Thank you Jim for all you do for the bunnies.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You DID improve the quality of her life Jim, you really did.

    ReplyDelete

There was an error in this gadget