The Bun Life - These Damn Flies are Driving Me Insane!!

I have flies in my apartment, I don't know where they are coming from, I had some fruit pulp left out for a few days but since cleaned it up, but there are still like 9000 flies in my apartment. I went out last night and bought TAT fly paper rolls. My apartment looks like an insect lab for Fran's sake. One of the rolls has like 20 flies on it, eewwwwww!! I am real squeamish about bugs and critters and things. I HATE bugs, you could tell me I had to fight Mike Tyson in a bare knuckle cage match or I could get out of it by just letting a spider sit in my hand, and I would be going toe to toe with Tyson, trust me.

I searched the apartment, blocked the drains, the windows are closed, so if they are still getting in then it must be through the air conditioners. Hopefully the fly paper gets them all and that will be that. I unrolled one of the fly paper rolls and put in under the couch just for fun, and when I pulled it out an hour later I found two fat wabbits stuck to it!! Go figure!

Anyway, in bunny news, Little Nutjob Sydney has taken over half of the room completely now. I no longer have a bed, it is just a real big loveseat for him. Changing his water or litterbox is an exercise in self-destruction. He is like the movie Paranormal Activity, you never actually see him, you just have the ankle wounds to let you know he was really there. The other night I was so busy running away from him that I accidentally left his cage closed up, with the litterbox and everything inside, oops. I came back in like 2 hours later, he is standing by the cage door doing the pee-pee dance, "ooohhh hurry hurry hurry, I can't hold it anymore" At first I felt guilty, but after remembering all the Kamikaze ankle attacks, I chuckled in sweet revenge, payback is a bitch, ain't it little squibbles??. Ha! Poor thing, he ran right into the box and peed, all the while chewing on a piece of hay giving me the dirtiest angriest look a cute little rabbit could ever manage.

8 comments:

  1. Little Nutjob Sydney: Next time pee in your Dad's shoe. That will teach him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Or pee on the real big loveseat (aka the bed) which can be used as a real big litterbox, just ask my Mr. B!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We agree -- flies are real pests! They can drive you crazy. You & Sydney have quite a little battle going on there :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, seems like I got most of the flies. Its amazing, if you sat down and I handed you Sydney and then told you what he is like when he is in his domain, you would never believe me. He sits there and cuddles up to you, licks your arms and hands, then sleeps for an hour or two in your lap. He is like Dr. Chuckle and Mr. McFlyde for heaven's sake!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jim, don't you know that if you leave out fruit, (or empty soda/beer bottles without rinsing them, etc), the flies will linger even after you clean up? Silly man.

    I'm with c. My buns would definitely have peed on my bed. Or my leg, if they were that angry. Consider yourself lucky.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I definitely did think they were fruit flies, just wasnt positive

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fwan was asking me if fruit flies were "strong enough to pick me up"

    ReplyDelete
  8. Best remedy to get rid of fruit flies: take a glass jar, and put 1 inch of water and cider vinegar mix (exact quantities not important). Add 2-3 drops of dish washing liquid. Cover the opening of the jar with clingfilm, and put a rubber band around it so that the jar is "sealed". Then, punch with a sharp pencil a few holes in it, leave well in sight of the fruit flies and wait. The flies will crawl in and once they hit the water won't be able to come out again (thanks to the dish washing liquid drops that break the water surface tension) and they drown. I admit it is not a pleasant sight, but once you see that there are several in, just open, rinse the jar and start from scratch. Eventually, no more fruit flies in the flat :)
    Do give an ear rub to your bunnies from me, please :)

    ReplyDelete